Intecsa Industrial‘s standard work procedures are followed by our engineering department. Specific procedures for each Project will be issued only when the standard procedure requires being adapted to the Project requirements.
Project Specifications will be developed in the early stage of each Project. They will be based on the Client specifications, which will be completed by Intecsa Industrial when it is a project requirement. If additional specifications are required to complete the design package, they will be prepared by Intecsa Industrial Engineering group and will be submitted to the Client for approval.
Intecsa Industrial considers of vital importance the dedication and ability of its employees to work hand-in-hand with our clients to meet their goals and expectations.
The priorities for the Engineering division at the beginning of the projects will include:
- Initiate the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) studies, and develop project Environmental Plans.
- Initiate any additional geotechnical investigation that may be necessary
- Validate the Cost Reduction Items and incorporate the changes agreed with the Client into the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) documentation if this item would be required in the project
- Finalize the Engineering input into the Contract Administration Manual.
- Complete the Process Optimization and Value Engineering studies
- Issue purchase requisitions for the Long Lead Items (LLI)
An early completion of these items is essential to protect the schedule and to advance to the detailed design stage of the engineering.
Intecsa Industrial‘s conceptual design capabilities align each design procedure to the customer‘s project objectives to optimize its success. The conceptual design phase offers the best opportunity to assess business, commercial and technical risks; and to improve return on investment.
During conceptual design, Intecsa Industrial establishes the early project definition of the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) requirements and a detailed project estimate. Services include feasibility studies, project-development planning, technology evaluation and recommendations, risk-management assessment, global sitting, financing planning, constructability reviews, asset and life-cycle optimization over the facility‘s lifecycle and front-end engineering.
Intecsa Industrial will advise the Client on the strategy and selection of equipments with lower investment cost, but considering the integrity of the operation of the plant and the total cost of ownership (TCO – which includes investment and operation costs, taking into account stops, maintenance and spare parts) so as not to impair the competitiveness of the plant in the medium and long term.